Air conditioning is crucial in Houston due to its hot and humid climate. With sweltering summers and high humidity levels, AC systems provide relief, ensuring comfort, improved indoor air quality, and safeguarding against heat-related health issues. Reliable air conditioning is essential for maintaining productivity, sleep quality, and overall well-being in this demanding weather.
However, if your cooling system has failed to perform as it should, you need to call All Star A/C & Heating. Our professional technicians can diagnose the problem and provide the high-quality repairs and replacements you need to stay cool.
Contact All Star A/C & Heating Services today to schedule your Houston AC repair appointment!
Like any mechanical system, AC units are prone to wear and tear, which can lead to malfunctions and reduced performance. Recognizing the early signs that your air conditioner needs repair is essential to address issues promptly and avoid more extensive and costly problems down the road.
- Insufficient Cooling: If you notice that your AC is no longer providing the cool air you expect, it could be a sign of a refrigerant leak or a malfunctioning compressor that requires professional attention.
- Unusual Noises: Strange sounds, such as grinding, squealing, or rattling, coming from your AC unit indicate potential issues with the fan motor, belt, or other internal components that need immediate inspection.
- Frequent Cycling: An AC that frequently turns on and off without effectively cooling your home may be struggling with issues like a faulty thermostat or restricted airflow due to clogged filters or vents.
- High Humidity Levels: Your AC should not only cool the air but also control humidity. If your home feels excessively humid, your AC might be struggling to dehumidify properly, leading to discomfort and potential mold growth.
- Foul Odors: Unpleasant smells emitting from your vents may indicate mold or mildew buildup, a burnt-out wire, or even a dead animal in the ductwork, requiring professional cleaning or repairs.
- Water Leaks: Puddles or water stains around your AC unit suggest drainage problems, which can result from a clogged condensate drain line or a faulty condensate pump.
- Weak Airflow: Poor airflow can indicate a dirty air filter, blocked ducts, or a malfunctioning blower fan, all of which can impact your AC's efficiency and cooling capacity.
Paying attention to these warning signs and acting promptly to schedule professional AC repair in Houston can save you from enduring discomfort and costly repairs.
Free Estimate For New Equipment
Free Estimate For New Equipment. Call for more details.Expires: December 31, 2024 Print
Financing Available! Up to 25 months No interest with approved credit!
We have financing options to assist you with new Equipment, repairs, ductwork and duct cleaning. Apply online! Call us today for more details.Expires: December 31, 2024 Print
$89 Spring A/C Tune up
An A/C tune-up keeps your air conditioning system in good working order. Give us a call today to schedule!Expires: December 31, 2024 Print
Air conditioners are complex machines that require a lot of moving parts to operate properly. The more parts there are, the more there is a chance something could go wrong. When an air conditioner breaks down, it can be difficult to determine the exact cause of the issue.
Here are some common causes of AC problems.
- Dirty or Clogged Air Filters: Restricted airflow due to dirty filters can lead to reduced cooling efficiency and system strain.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Low refrigerant levels can result in insufficient cooling and potential damage to the compressor.
- Faulty Thermostat: A malfunctioning thermostat can lead to incorrect temperature readings and improper AC operation.
- Frozen Evaporator Coil: Poor airflow, low refrigerant, or other issues can cause the evaporator coil to freeze, reducing cooling capacity.
- Dirty Condenser Coils: Dust and debris buildup on the condenser coils can hinder heat transfer, leading to decreased cooling performance.
- Faulty Capacitors or Fan Motors: Capacitor or motor failures can result in the AC unit not running or producing weak airflow.
- Blocked or Leaky Ductwork: Obstructed or leaky ducts can lead to inefficient cooling, inconsistent temperatures, and higher energy bills.
- Electrical Issues: Problems with electrical connections or wiring can disrupt AC functionality and pose safety risks.
- Drainage Problems: Clogged condensate drain lines or faulty condensate pumps can cause water leaks or humidity issues.
- Improper Sizing: An incorrectly sized AC unit for the space it serves may result in inadequate cooling or frequent cycling.
Regular AC maintenance and timely repairs by a professional Houston AC repair technician can address these issues and keep your AC system running smoothly and efficiently.
Preventative AC Maintenance for Long-Term Savings
Don't wait for your air conditioner to break down before seeking repairs. Regular preventative maintenance can help prevent costly repairs and extend the lifespan of your AC system. Our team at All Star A/C & Heating Services offers comprehensive maintenance services to keep your AC running smoothly and efficiently.
Benefits of preventative AC maintenance include:
- Early detection of potential issues
- Improved energy efficiency
- Extended system lifespan
- Reduced risk of major breakdowns
- Peace of mind knowing your AC is in top condition
By investing in regular maintenance, you can save money in the long run and avoid the inconvenience of unexpected AC breakdowns. Contact us today to schedule your preventative maintenance service and keep your home cool and comfortable all year round.
Planning to Remodel in 2024? Plan Your HVAC Upgrade Now
Energy-Efficient HVAC Upgrades
Choosing the Right Size of HVAC System
Smart Thermostats & Ductless Mini Splits: A Perfect Pair
All Star A/C & Heating Services and Owner Ed Newby Featured in the Houston Chronicle
Common HVAC Problems/How to Troubleshoot
6 Common HVAC Problems That Happen During Summer
Springtime Allergies? Get Relief with an Effective Air Filtration System
If your air conditioner suddenly stops working, there are a few things you can do to try to get it back up and running. Before you call a professional, try the following tips.
First, check to see if the AC is plugged in.
- If it is, check the circuit breaker to make sure it is not tripped.
- If the circuit breaker is not tripped, unplug the unit and check the plug for any signs of damage such as fraying or rust.
- If the plug is damaged, try using a different outlet.
- If the unit is still not working, you may have a blown fuse. Replace the fuse and try to turn the unit back on.
Second, check to see if the unit has a filter that needs to be replaced.
- If you have an AC that has a filter, try removing the filter and inspecting it for any signs of damage such as rips or tears.
- If the filter is dirty, remove it and clean it. You can use warm water and dish soap to clean it.
- Replace the filter and try to turn the unit back on.
Third, check to see if the thermostat is set too low.
- If you have a central AC, check to make sure the thermostat is not set too low.
- If the thermostat is set too low, try adjusting it to a higher temperature.
- Try turning the unit back on to see if it starts working.
“The tech that came out was knowledgeable, professional and respectful. I would recommend them to anyone needing a unit or repairs.”- Antonio A.
Is your central air conditioner making odd noises? Are you paying way too much for your cooling? Whatever is going on can be fixed by central air conditioning repair. You want Houston AC repair professionals like ours to do the job for you because we’re known for our award-winning service and attention to detail.
Ductless AC Repair
Is one of your air handlers not performing? Are you having trouble getting cool? Our professionals are great because they work fast without sacrificing quality. They can get in your home, find the issue, and solve it fast.
Heat Pump Repair
Heat pumps are known for being efficient. If yours doesn’t live up to its reputation any more, then it’s time to schedule an appointment with our professionals. We understand that the bottom line is your satisfaction and we always make sure to deliver.